Looking for Locally and Sustainably grown flowers?
Our growing practices have changed very little since we started in 1986. So we don't get too excited over buzzwords like 'sustainable'. However, that is how we grow everything! We were green before there was another meaning to 'Green'.
- We grow all our own flowers using organic methods, although we've never filled out the paper work to get certified. We are now working on it, mostly because we're not allowed to use the word 'organic' otherwise.
- If you are looking for local flowers, we are it. Don't be fooled by 'local florist' or websites that claim to be farms. Regardless, of their claims their flowers are not grown right here in the High Country. 'We are your Local Flower Farmers.'
- Our flowers are pesticide free.
- We recycle and reuse wherever possible
- We start our own vegetable transplants, cut flower seedlings and most perennials. All without a heated greenhouse.
- There are no factory hothouse flowers here. We choose flowers that fit into our environment.
- We own and care for 100 acres. We farm on only 5 acres, and live on less than 2. The rest of our 100 acres are in woods, some are in old fields used to attract beneficial insects and birds. All are lightly managed for non-game wildlife, especially birds. We spend time every year removing invasive non-native plants.
We hope you will support our farm because of our conservation mission, as well as our great flowers and plants.